Constant monitoring both pre-contract and post contract and special attention to risk management in the early design stages are fundamental principles to our philosophy.
- Feasibility Studies and Cost Planning
- Cost Management
- Contract advice and procurement
- Preparation of Contract Particulars and Tender Documentation
- Checking and reporting on Tenders received
- Preparation of Interim Valuations
- Regular cost monitoring and reporting on impact of variations
- Negotiation and Agreement of Final Accounts
The new Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations replaced 2007 Regulations in April 2015 replacing the role provided by CDM Coordinators with Principal Designer as well as reviewing responsibilities of other duty holders.
Hamish Bell Associates have considerable experience as CDM Coordinators under 2007 regulations and are well placed to provide Consultancy Services to assist various duty holders comply with their responsibilities under the new regulations.
Clients on majority of projects are required to appoint a Principal Designer whose duties include:
- Advise and assist the client with their duties including notifying details of the project to HSE
- Coordinate health and safety aspects of design work
- Identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information
- Facilitate good communication between the client, designers and contractors
- Liaise with the principal contractor regarding ongoing design work
- Prepare or update the health and safety file
- Project Monitoring
- Employers Agent
- Insurance Reinstatement Valuations